Symbiont is building a blockchain platform for mission-critical financial markets. Helping users understand this highly technical piece of software is a challenge that demands people that can take the detailed and nuanced technical attributes of our system and distill them down to conceptual and task-based documentation that a system administrator or developer can understand and use.
This is Symbiont’s first hire specifically for technical writing skills, so we expect a leader who can help define and refine processes and can work well in an unstructured environment. You’ll be working closely with members of Symbiont’s team skilled in business analysis, product management, development, and quality assurance.
- Self-sufficiency with *nix command line
- Experience writing for diverse technical audiences
- Experience installing and configuring complex technical systems to test and improve your content
- Desire and proven ability to learn new technologies
- Experience with git, Sphinx, Markdown, reStructuredText, HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience building quality visualizations/diagrams to explain complicated concepts
- Fluency in written English
- Knowledge of financial markets, especially the back office
- Experience writing technical documentation for distributed systems and/or database products
- Experience with Python is a huge plus
- Experience with Azure, AWS, Kubernetes
- Experience writing and reviewing API specifications and documentation