A Symbiont Solutions Engineer works closely with our clients and partners as they adopt our software and provides general support for our products. This involves the deployment, administration and configuration of node software, integration with existing infrastructure and software systems, and ensuring that our solution meets client’s business needs.
A Solutions Engineer must proactively assist clients with any technical issues that arise during their adoption and use of the Symbiont platform. This involves troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis as well as identifying and implementing permanent solutions and workarounds.
A Solutions Engineer will work closely with the Symbiont deployment project manager, and with Symbiont's engineering team, in particular to reproduce any issues discovered externally, and to ensure that these issues are resolved satisfactorily. He or she is the customer’s primary point of contact for all technical issues that arise in the use of Symbiont’s product, and acts as the customer’s advocate during the development of feature and release roadmaps.
- Own the deployment of the Symbiont Assembly solution to specific client environments, including node installation and networking to other participants
- Work with clients to identify and document the deployment environment, and considerations, identify limitations, and plan a strategy to work within that environment
- Troubleshoot and address issues discovered during deployment related to configuration, networking, or other issues specific to the deployment
- Provide internal visibility into the client environment, complications, and workarounds implemented, and work with Symbiont product management and engineering to design and develop solutions to optimize the deployment processes
- Document technical workflows, architecture, and deployment procedures and best practices
- At least two years of experience putting mission-critical systems in production
- At least three years of experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Bash)
- Ability to clearly articulate both business and technical details and how they connect with each other
- Software deployment experience in various environments: Bare metal, VMs, Docker and application containerization, etc.
- Understanding of fundamental networking primitives and how to troubleshoot connection issues across diverse environments (cloud and on-premise)
- Experience with distributed systems, service-oriented architectures and microservices
- Experience integrating with modern IT infrastructure, techniques and tools
- Self-starter; able to recognize needs and pro-actively address deficiencies in process, documentation, or approach
- Ability to multitask across clients and issues
- Fluent in written and spoken English, and strong communication skills
Nice to haves
- Experience deploying software within large financial institutions
- Experience with AWS and other cloud providers
- Experience with container orchestrations tools (Kubernetes, ECS)
- Experience using monitoring tools like Splunk, DataDog, Prometheus, Grafana